A light, citrusy and herbaceous trout that is a must try. This recipe is so easy to create and cooks with such natural flavors, I love it. The garlic, thyme, and lemon zest flavor the trout so well. To the zest the lemon, I use my FAVORITE kitchen tool the zester. It works great for mincing ginger, garlic and zesting lemons/limes. It completely optimizes the citrus flavor in the fish, highly recommend.
I recommend enjoying this trout with roasted vegetables, pictured is a roasted endive, asparagus and zucchini. It is perfect to roast along side the trout and makes cooking this meal so simple. Trout also pairs nicely with roasted carrots and potatoes. Flavor with olive oil, garlic and sea salt, then enjoy!
Lemon Herb Roasted Trout
Yield 2 Servings
- 2 Trout Fillets
- 1/3 cup of Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 5 Sprigs of Thyme
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, coat an oven-safe pan with olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine fresh squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, olive oil and thyme.
- Place fillets into pan and lightly season with fresh sea salt & pepper, pour on the lemon mixture
- Roast trout for 12-15 minutes until evenly cooked
- Serve on a plate, I recommend pairing with roasted vegetables. I enjoyed this trout with asparagus and roasted endive
Share with me your creation!
Tag @theempowerist on IG