Saturday’s are amazing, it is an opportunity for you to spend the day doing anything you desire. Sometimes it can be spent catching up on your favorite show, running errands, going to your workout class, catching up with friends over brunch, etc. There is just something about waking up on a Saturday morning…with no plans in store. Just pure presence, I love it.
Today, I woke up with a desire to dig through my pantry and cultivate a fluffy gluten free muffin recipe. The first thing I noticed was a browned bunch of bananas, so I put those to work. Rather than tossing them in the trash, I mashed those ripe bananas up and crafted a recipe that is clean and so delicious.
Fluffy Gluten Free Muffins
It’s breakfast time! These fluffy gluten free muffins are so simple to bake. The best part is you can add anything you want! Sometimes, I will batch cook muffins for the week ahead and add different toppings to each one, so it’s always a surprise! The ripened bananas sweeten these muffins up and offer the perfect consistency.
I love adding in pecans for a little crunch. You can never, ever go wrong with a few dark chocolate chips or even blueberries. Whatever you choose, have fun with it!
Are You Ready?
Healthy Banana Nut Muffins (GF)
Yield 10 Muffins
- 1 1/3 cups of GF all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 2-3 medium sized ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray muffin pan with coconut oil to prevent from sticking
- In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients
- In a large bowl mash banana with a whisk until creamy
- Mix in remainder of wet ingredients
- Slowly fold in dry ingredients into wet until smooth and creamy
- Scoop batter into muffin tins and fill 3/4 of the way full then top each muffin with a sprinkling of crushed pecans
- Bake for about 23 minutes until tooth pick comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes & enjoy!!!
Serving Size 1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you enjoy these fluffy banana muffins! I love seeing all of your creations, share them with me. Tag @theempowerist on IG or direct message me!
With love & gratitude,