When overly ripe bananas enter your kitchen, bake these babies! I created this super simple gluten free banana chocolate chip muffin recipe.
Wake & Bake
Do you ever wake up and look around the kitchen and think to yourself, I would absolutely love to bake today! Well this happened to me earlier this week when I had ripe bananas in the kitchen. I created this easy gluten free banana chocolate chip muffin recipe
This muffin recipe is absolutely delicious! I love baking them and then freezing them so I can enjoy them as I please. These muffins are delicious for breakfast with nut butter, an energizing afternoon snack or a yummy sweet treat in the evening.
Perfect for the freezer or meal prep!
These are the perfect Sunday meal prep recipe for yourself, lover, family or friends! Personally, I love having one of these muffins with my morning cup of coffee before heading off to the gym. Even though it is not a fully balanced breakfast, sometimes it’s all I need.
When you bake them, if you have a surplus just freeze them and then when you’re ready to enjoy one heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Here’s what you’ll need to bake these muffins:
- Coconut Oil: This adds healthy fats to this recipe, a key ingredient.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla sweetens these paleo muffins naturally.
- Organic Coconut Sugar: Clean substitute for white sugar!
- Gluten Free Flour: I love using an easy 1-1 gluten free flour.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: Chocolate chips are a must in these muffins! These are a sweet touch that will curb other sweet cravings.
Once you’ve got all your ingredients together, it’s as easy as mixing up the wet ingredients, mixing up the dry ingredients, stirring them all together, and then baking up your beautiful muffins!
Enjoy these in the morning or as a snack with a little butter or almond butter!
Have a blessed and beautiful day. I love seeing all of your creations, share them with me Tag @theempowerist on IG or direct message me!
With Love & Gratitude, Carly
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yield 12 Muffins
- 1.5 c. GF Flour
- 1/2 c. Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 Medium Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 c. Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 c. Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine mashed banana, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Fold the banana mixture into the dry mixture, no need to over mix!
- Next, fold in the chocolate chips and set a few aside to sprinkle on top.
- Line a muffin baking sheet with muffin tins or grease a pan with coconut oil.
- Fill a 1/4 c. with muffin mixture and pour into muffin tin. Then, bank for 15-17 minutes until fully baked through.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 30 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 16 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.