Orange Chicken Stir Fry
Variety throughout the week is key when cooking dinners at home! I love orange chicken, it is one of my favorite meals. I made this delicious gluten free orange chicken recipe that is packed with so much flavor. The ginger and orange adds so much zest to this recipe, I think you will love it! This recipe services 2 but I had left overs for lunch the next day. This recipe is the perfect meal prep!
Clean Orange Chicken Stir Fry
Yield 2 Servings
- 1 c. brown rice
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1.5 tbsp gf soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
- 1 c. snap peas
- 1/4 c. cashews
- Cook brown rice as directed and add in 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Next make the sauce - Add the fresh squeezed orange juice, zest of the orange, coconut sugar, soy sauce, ginger, arrowroot starch, red pepper flakes to a large bowl. Whisk until the arrowroot is dissolved. Set aside for later.
- Preheat a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat and add in 1/2 tablespoon of the toasted sesame oil. Cut chicken into smaller pieces, and add to the skillet season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until fully cooked and no longer pink. Once chicken is cooked, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the other 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil to the pan (over medium-heat); add in onion and sauté until onions become slightly translucent. Next add in the garlic, bell pepper, snap peas and cashews and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice in the pan with the veggies and turn heat down to low. Then add in the chicken and stir.
- Pour the orange sauce into the pan. Stir frequently as the sauce will start to thicken up. Reduce heat to medium low and let the sauce simmer and thicken some more, about 2-3 minutes. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onion. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this dish! I love seeing all of your creations, share them with me Tag @theempowerist on IG or direct message me!
With Love & Gratitude, Carly