Pasta, pasta, pasta!
You just cannot go wrong with a good, quality pasta dish. As we are quickly approaching Fall, I have been craving those warm and cozy meals that fill my home with amazing aromas. Cooking at home brings so much joy to me, I just love it. Dinner so happens to be my favorite meal of the day because it is time to come together after a long day. A moment to sit back and relax, some days with a crisp glass of wine.
Sunday night I whipped up this super easy gluten free pasta carbonara for Drew and I and it was a winning meal! Drew even said one of the best meals I have cooked in a while. I will take it! This dish is super easy to make, a great week-night meal that takes about 30 minutes. The flavor is incredible, I think you will love it!
Clean Pasta Carbonara
Yield 2 Servings
Pasta Carbonara – creamy pasta coated in an egg and cheese sauce and topped with bacon. An easy simple ingredient dish that comes together in under 30 minutes.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 oz. of turkey bacon
- 5 oz. of gf pasta (about 1/2 box)
- 1/2 c. of frozen peas
- 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil or grass fed butter
- sea salt
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, parmesan cheese and garlic powder then set it aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and place turkey bacon on a sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes until crispy! Once done, chop bacon into small pieces.
- In a large pot of boiling water add a dash of sea salt, cook pasta according to package instructions. Save about 2 tbsp of the pasta water to add into the carbonara.
- Heat a medium skillet on very low heat, coat with a drizzle of olive oil or grass fed butter and add in the pasta. Slowly pour in the egg mixture and coat the pasta. Then add in the 2 tbsp of extra pasta water to make your sauce even creamier. Add in bacon and thawed peas. Then season with ground pepper and sea salt!
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cheese and parsley. And enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this dish! I love seeing all of your creations, share them with me Tag @theempowerist on IG or direct message me!
With Love & Gratitude, Carly