Pumpkin Turkey Chili
Yield 5 Servings
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp of avocado or olive oil
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 white onion
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of ground cloves
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large sauce pan to medium heat. Carefully drizzle in avocado oil, once oil is hot add in chopped onion, minced garlic and sliced jalapeño. Allow to sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Then add in the ground turkey, breaking up the meat and cooking until browned for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ALL spices to season the meat cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, sea salt and pepper.
- Next add in the crushed tomatoes, beans and vegetable stalk. Stir to fully combine all flavors. Finally fold in the pumpkin puree. Cook chili on low hear for 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy! Garnish with avocado, cilantro, and Greek yogurt if you wish!
Recipe by TheEmpowerist at https://theempowerist.com/recipes/dinner/pumpkin-turkey-chili/