Switch up your classic roasted carrots with this recipe! Lately, I have been loving tahini which is a paste that’s made from sesame seeds. This ingredient is often found in Middle Eastern cuisine, you can definitely find it in hummus. The flavor is nutty, creamy and delicious.
I love adding tahini to dressings to make the dressing creamier and thick. Not only do I love using it in salad dressings, it is also the perfect addition to a sauce. Combine the tahini with olive oil, garlic lemon and you have yourself the perfect drizzle over roasted brussels sprouts.
I am getting excited, Spring is truly in the air which makes me want to cook with Spring ingredients. Let me introduce you to this recipe that will forever elevate your roasted carrot game. The natural sweet roasted carrots combined with the nutty tahini & herbaceous mint makes for an extraordinary dish. I enjoyed these with a quinoa tabbouleh & roasted balsamic chicken. Tastes of Spring!
Roasted Carrots With Mint Tahini And Hazelnuts
- 8 - 10 Carrots
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup of Tahini
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup of Mint
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 tbsp of Water
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 Cup of Chopped Hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Wash and peel the carrots (optional) toss in olive oil and place baking sheet. Season with fresh sea salt and pepper, then bake for 15 minutes.
- While the carrots roast, make the tahini sauce. Combine tahini, water, honey, olive oil, garlic and lemon in a food processor.
- Once the carrots are cooked, remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat on medium heat and add in hazelnuts. Allow to lightly toast for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Plate carrots, drizzle with mint tahini, top with toasted hazelnuts and excess chopped mint. Enjoy immediately!