And these pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes are DEFINITELY going to be in my schedule this weekend and (I hope they can be for you too)! These are light, fluffy, and perfectly spiced. YUM. Oh and they’re gluten free and PALEO, the perfect breakfast for the whole family. Mmmmmmm.
Feeling That Holiday Spirit
Who else is feeling that holiday spirit?! I am absolutely loving the festive vibes all around me (even though I’m currently in FL). Surprisingly, it is very festive here all while remaining a comfortable 75 degrees F and sunny. No complaints! I will be enjoying the sunshine state this Thanksgiving and hosting my lovely family this year. I absolutely love this time of year: cookie decorating, sparkly lights, pumpkin spice lattés, chocolate truffles, Christmas music, family, football games, tree decorating, burning fires, apple spice candles – all of it, it’s the best.
For some reason this year, I feel as if people are beginning to decorate their trees earlier than ever before. And hey! I am about it. Lately, I have been doing all that I can not too put up our tree and decorate. I decided we are going to wait until Thanksgiving and make it a new Thanksgiving tradition. Just one more week!
The BEST Pumpkin Paleo Pancakes
I woke up craving these fluffy pumpkin pancakes with dark chocolate chips, what a winning combo! I think you will absolutely love them. These are paleo which has the added benefit that these pancakes are naturally higher in protein because of the additional eggs needed in the recipe. In this recipe I use my absolute favorite dairy free chocolate chips from Enjoy Life.
After whipping up these fluffy pancakes, I drizzled on the maple syrup. Then I lit a candle and enjoyed them with my favorite pumpkin spice coffee that I have been LOVING. Lately, I have been brewing my favorite Starbucks Pike Place blend with a dash of stevia powder, Califia Farms vanilla almond milk and Trader Joe’s pumpkin spice blend. It is so delicious!
And NOW for the RECIPE
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Yield 8 Pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsp pumpkin pure
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. almond milk
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of pumpkin pie spice
- dash of stevia or 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/8 c. Bob's Red Mill coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 c. of chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk, pumpkin pure and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Next add in coconut flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, stevia and sea salt. Mix until smooth and there are no visible lumps. Allow the batter sit for about ten minutes to fully thicken.
- When you are ready to cook your pancakes, heat a non-stick pan to medium heat
- Once griddle is hot, liberally grease with oil or butter (about 1 tablespoon per 3 pancakes). Pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto surface then top each one with chocolate chips. Cook on one side until holes form around edges, about 2 minutes, then flip and cook on other side for additional 1-2 minutes. Don’t let the pan get too hot– you want a nice, even heat.
- Serve with walnuts, extra chocolate chips or maple syrup! Enjoy.
Have a blessed and beautiful FRIDAY.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE
Tag @theempowerist on Instagram
With Love & Gratitude, Carly