Edamame hummus is one of my favorite snacks. I discovered edamame hummus at my favorite restaurant in Hingham, MA and immediately fell in love. The Corner Stop always serves delicious edamame hummus & toasted bread before dinner is served. Since moving to Tampa, I decided I must recreate the edamame hummus and I must say, this recipe truly hits the spot!
This edamame hummus is beautiful in color, creamy, zesty & high in protein. This recipe is so easy to whip up, takes only 20 minutes. For the edamame, I recommend buying frozen edamame that are unshelled. All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients in the food processor and enjoy!
Yield 1.4 Cups
Learn how to make edamame hummus! Serve it with sliced carrots or your favorite crackers for a healthy appetizer or snack.
- 1.5 cups of unshelled edamame
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 lemon + zest
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash of cumin
- Place frozen edamame in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high in the microwave for one minute
- Pour out remaining water and place edamame into food processor
- Next add in tahini, one lightly minced garlic clove, lemon zest & juice, cumin, water, cilantro, olive oil and sea salt
- Process in the food processor for about 90 seconds until smooth and creamy
- Continue to process until hummus is to your desired consistency
- Serve in a bowl with crackers and fresh vegetables, enjoy!
Share with me your creations – Tag @theempowerist on IG