What is the Superfood Cacao?
Cacao is truly an incredible superfood that is packed with nutritional benefits and tastes wonderful in oatmeal/smoothies. Unlike cocoa, which is processed and stripped of nutritional benefits, cacao is pure and is high in antioxidants, iron, magnesium, calcium and is a natural mood-elevator. This superfood is so incredible, it has 40 times the antioxidants provided by a serving of blueberries! This is vital, antioxidants are essential to help fight off cancer, helping you to live healthy. Additionally, cacao is the highest plant based source of iron, even higher than meat sources like beef and lamb.
I absolutely love this oatmeal recipe, top with your favorite fruits. I also recommend adding a dollop of your favorite nut butter (I know I always do
) – highly recommend Justin’s Chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashion Oats
- 1 tsp Cacao
- 1/4 Cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Banana
- 3 Strawberries
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl, add in oats, cinnamon, chia, vanilla extract and cacao. Pour in 1/4 cup of almond milk and 1/4 of water.
- Heat oats in the microwave for one minute and slice the banana. Add in half the banana into the oats and heat for additional one minute, two minutes total.
- Stir oatmeal, add a little more almond milk if needed and pour on a drizzle of maple syrup. Top with sliced strawberries, bananas & enjoy!
Is there anything better than chocolate, strawberries and bananas?! Start the day with a healthy breakfast with this nutritious oatmeal breakfast bowl. Creamy cacao and cinnamon infused oats topped with delicious fruit.